The cherry season has begun! Why should you eat them?
The cherry season has begun, and everything you need to know about this delicious fruit read in the text.
Photo Credits: Shutterstock
In addition to being extremely tasty, cherries, like other fruits, have good properties for our body. If you are thinking about what to buy from fruit these days, let your choice be cherries, preferably homemade. If you take advantage of the cherry season and include them in your diet this spring, your body will be grateful.
View this post on Instagram
Here are the benefits of eating cherries:
1. They reduce the risk of some forms of cancer. Anthocyanins and other plant pigments, which give cherries a dark dark red color, can protect cells from mutations with their antioxidant action and reduce the risk of malignant diseases.
2. They reduce the risk of myocardial infarction. Cherries prevent the oxidation of harmful LDL cholesterol that damages blood vessel walls. For a healthy heart, eat cherries often.
3. By influencing the reduction of atherosclerosis, they can ensure healthy blood vessels in the brain, and protect you against stroke.
4. Men who want offspring should eat cherries often. Antioxidants and vitamins, primarily vitamin C, which cherries are rich in, improve sperm quality.
5. For healthy eyesight, choose cherries because they have a beneficial effect on eye cells.
6. Contains coumarin and reduces the tendency of blood to clot. This reduces the risk of thrombosis.
7. Due to the high content of potassium, they stimulate fluid excretion and lower blood pressure. People with hypertension should eat them more often.
8. Cherries reduce inflammatory processes in the body and alleviate the problems of inflammatory rheumatic diseases, especially rheumatoid arthritis.
9. They help with gout. It reduces the amount of uric acid, which is the main culprit for the development of gout and the worsening of this disease.
10. They contain a lot of iron, so if you are anemic, add it to your diet. It is also recommended for women with heavy menstruation who are prone to anemia.
11. Regular consumption reduces the risk of diabetes. People who already have diabetes should consume a limited amount of cherries because they contain a lot of sugar.
12. Strengthening blood vessels, especially capillaries is one of the advantages of using cherries.