Hair blow-drying mistakes

Many of us make mistakes when blow-drying our hair, and below we reveal tips to avoid drying and breakage of our hair.

Aug 7, 2022 - 16:29
 0  22
Hair blow-drying mistakes

When it comes to blow-drying your hair, it is important to pay attention to three things - that the temperature is not too high, that the hairdryer is not too close to the hair and that you do not dry it for too long. This rule is also called 3P, and if you follow it, you will avoid hair damage.

Preparation - the most important step

After washing thoroughly, the first comb your hair well, then comb it up and back at a 45-degree angle. Before blow-drying or air-drying, use a heat protection spray that generally contains all the ingredients proven to protect and condition hair.

The most important parts

Arrange your planned blow-drying time so that the most important parts, such as hair around the face and ends of the hair, are prioritized. The top layer of hair is definitely more important than the bottom, so don't worry too much about what you can't see at first glance.

Work cleanly and meticulously

Take neat sections that are no wider than a brush and remove the rest of the hair from the face. Do not try to do all the work at once, you will become careless. Raise the top layers high for proper root control. This will eliminate snagging and provide tension control without painful pulling.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Tamara Kalinic (@tamara)

Appropriate spacing

As for the distance between the hair dryer and the hair, it is usually about 20 centimeters, but the hair dryer would have to constantly keep up with the hair during this process. However, one of the most important things that we tend to forget is that you should not blow dry hair that is already dry. That's exactly how the biggest damage occurs, so it's much smarter to re-moisturize those parts than to blow a million times on areas that have long since finished their part of the story. If we were to speak in percentages, we would say that it is always better to blow dry 95% of your hair. Leave the remaining 5% to air dry. 

Hairdressers advise that you use a heat protectant when blow-drying, and this is how the product works. 

NEW:https://tvexposed.com/the-perfect-summer-beach-look

Post By: Vanessa F.